You may be entitled to free school meals for your child if you receive any of the following:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credits (only if you do not get Working Tax Credit) and only if your annual income is less than £16,190
- Guarantee Pension Credits
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
You will not be entitled if either of the following apply:
- you receive Working Tax Credit or
- you receive Child Tax Credits and have an income of more than £16,190
Please note, if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit you may not have to fill in a form for Free School Meals. However, if you are unsure please telephone the Assessment Team at Blackpool Council on 478940 for advice or you can visit the council website at www.blackpool.gov.uk for an application form. Alternatively, please call in to the school office for advice.
Please register with Blackpool Borough Council even if you do not want your child to have a school meal at the present time.